Sunday 26 September 2010

Personal Progress

Personal Progress

Honestly I've been a bit slow to get started this year. I'm not entirely sure why but I have. Much as with last year it took a while for me to get 'on a role' as it were. I find it much harder to be inventive and creative on the spot and to a deadline and I don't always have the enthusiasm that I perhaps should but this first month has been a beast to tackle. HOWEVER....I think I've finally managed to sort myself out and hopefully this analysis should prove this.
Despite this I realise that I still have a lot to do and probably a little to catch up on so that is what I'm going to be doing over this coming week....TRYING to get up to speed with everything.

So far I have:
  • Helped with researching music and nearly coming to a decision on that. The music we have chosen has a female lead
  • Researched into 2 genres (RnB and Indie)
  • Looked at the clothing that the Indie genre is most famed for
  • Looked at what artists fall into the genre
  • Looked at Indie/Rock bands with female leads (Paramore)(Flyleaf and Evanescence coming soon to a blog near you!)
  • Managed to acquire a willing female singer to star in the video (Emily Williamson) as well as a guitarist (Daniel Atlee) however I believe a drummer and possibly keyboard player are needed. To be looked into further.
  • Through Grace's email partly at my suggestion we have obtained the original ideas behind each of the songs we are considering by TheRiotTapes and also what images/ideals they do not want to be associated with (with their permission they seem quite happy to let us do our own thing)
  • Brainstormed a few ideas for videos in my head

Unfortunately due to technical problems I have explained prior to this I have not managed to blog all of this. More frustratingly I cannot take screen grabs of frames in videos of my laptop which has been a draw back during this last video evaluation. There is though the video embedded in the evaluation.

Next 3 priorities for me are:
  1. Posting all the research I have as of yet not been able to
  2. Make sure I am up to date with present research and that I am not falling behind
  3. Go through as a group and define our target audience, that we may be able to do and finish the audience profiling more accurately and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment