Saturday 25 September 2010

Individual Progress Report

After I spent yesterday editing my music video analysis for indie genre. I am now posting about my Individual
Progress so far, during A2 Coursework.
I feel I am making good progress at the moment, although I need enhance my use of technology. During my coursework, we have been asked to keep an updated diary of our personal progress. This is on Twitter. However, I do need to post on this site more regurlarly once I have achieved something or done some more research. This is one area I can improve on.
I have done all of the following:

- Used the blog to in general to post using pictures, videos and hyperlinks (improving my use of technology)
- Opened a prezzi account, visited the tutorials and now have a good understanding of the software but yet to post anything on it individually
- Researched into the genre and conventions of indie music
- Researched into clothing/image/mise-en-scene, audience, similar artists for indie genre
- Completed 2 Music Video analysis' one on punk genre and one on our chosen genre of indie
- Different techniques used in music videos that interest me/that could be used in our coursework
- Weather report to help us manage our time more appropriately (this was successful but showed the report for parts of USA and not England)
- Researched into narrative based videos
- Together we recorded ourselves (voice recorder) having a meeting at Jonny's house discussing our change in genre, our reasons for this, album covers, similar artists, narrative and performance style videos and the different camera and editing techniques used in music videos (we currently do not have this working on the blog however)

I believe I have done okay so far I just need to use more technology and keep researching into things like audience (i.e. our audience profile). I would also try and get responses from people about the genre, conventions, their opinion of this genre, different techniques used etc through Facebook, Youtube (comments) or simply questionnaires.

No comments:

Post a Comment