Tuesday 2 November 2010

Evaluation of Progress

I believe up to this point we have worked well as a group as we have all contributed to the planning by doing our own research and putting different ideas forward for our music video. We have managed to find different ways around the problems that we've faced such as several changes in cast and location and feel that, I personally, have adapted well to whatever the situations demands i.e. finding an alternative solution to our problems.
I am aware however, that due to these problems our progress is slower than intended. Today, this seems to have been rectified as we have met as a group and decided that a session of media filming on Friday afternoon / evening should get us back on track. We have though been capturing and editing our footage as we film (for instance when we have time between filming), this will save us some time as we begin the editing process.

A positive for me so far would be the research I have done into the indie genre: the conventions, the mise en scene and general music video analysis.
I also feel have done well with the interpretation of the lyrics and genre to help create convincing narrative and performance storylines.

However, I believe I still have work to do on my practical (technology) skills such as my camerawork. Even though I have managed to use a "wheelchair" shot to act as a stedicam, as yet my shots have been less than perfect. Personally, I aim to have more time to do editing during this phase of production as I need to familiarise myself with the more intrecate available affects on the Final Cut Express software.

I have learned to use the HD cameras effectively and upload the footage we have filmed so far.

 As a whole group, we still need to finish the very end of our storyboard and therefore film these parts of the music video. Also, to film the sections of our video that require both the lead singer and other band members (but this has already been planned for friday this week and possibly going into the weekend to complete the filming. During our filming we need to consider (and gain further) audience feedback (through our facebook page/group, youtube comments, twitter for example) to make sure our product is very much suitable for our audience and genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment