Thursday 25 November 2010

Digipack Design

I have been playing around with photoshop and starting to use the images we have to create a front and back cover.
By doing this I have come up with the following designs.
These will need to be discussed further with the group, however we now have the template to be working with.
FRONT COVER - The original image that was taken, the people looked too small so with careful cutting and re-colouring I have been able to lay one image over the other and make it even better. It has enabled me to place them onto the hat so that they are sitting at the front of it. I then played around with the text and decided to put the artist name as though it was written on the hat. I chose the colour blue for this to add more sky colour into the image and so that is subtly stood out from the black and green grass. The yellowy, beige font on the album name I decided to use as it made it stand out from the grass but kept the natural colour in the image.
BACK COVER - This image was enhanced as a group making the frost on the grass stand out more. From this I have then used a the same style font as on the front cover and the same colour to keep the continuity. The black panels down the sides I have kept simplistic as from studying other albums these tend to have the same font used on the front cover but the background to them is generally a block colour. I also added the barcode and the EMI logo for extra effect. The track names were given to us by the original artist.

1 comment: