Wednesday 17 November 2010

Audience Feedback Ideas

As we are now in the phase where we need responses from our video to progress with changes, we came up with some questions to ask some of our target audience (16-25). Feedback from the other range (26-45) of our target audience is difficult to gain at this time, however it is still possible through facebook contacts.

As a group we have decided to pursue avenues of YouTube and Facebook especially to gather audience feedback on our music video. This is because we can reach mass audiences very easily and within a short space of time. This also enhances the 'believability' of the band if they are available on sites like these in a industry that nowadays involves so much reliance on technology.

I (Henry) thought I could use questionnaire type feedback but do it online for the above reasons. Here are some of the questions I came up with (to help focus the audience feedback we receive):

-What do you like about the video?
-What don't you like about the video?
-Do you think that the video fits well into the indie genre?
-After seeing the video, do you want to explore the band’s other work (i.e. their album)?
-Do you think we conform to or challenge stereotypes of indie genre within the video?
-Do you think the band members seem believable (i.e. do you think the band members could pass off as a real indie group)?

I (Grace) agree with Henry's questions. Some I had already included in the discussions board on the facebook page for the feedback I started collecting. The others I have come up with are almost identical to Henry's, but I was waiting to discuss them as a group, however now there is no need for me to post them.
The are a couple of questions I would add to the list:

- Can you think of any improvements to our video that would make it more interesting for you as the audience to watch?
- Which is the best part of the music video?/Which part was most interesting to watch? - I want to include this question as I feel that it will benefit us as a group to find out which part was most interesting to the audience.

Also I would re-word the question 'Do you think it fits well into the indie genre?' to
- Which parts of the video do you think fit with the indie genre and which parts do not?

I also asked Miss Mapp if she would kindly send out a message to her facebook friends to help us target the 26-45 age range as well as the 16-25 age range for feedback. From this we have had one response:
'Some of the edit at the start is a bit abrupt. Maybe look into fades or slow cuts. Attention to use of light is good. My main criticism is that unless abrupt cuts are purposeful, be careful of them.
Well done guys!'

1 comment:

  1. Is this where I'm meant to comment? Hope so!

    So, here's our feedback... overall it's very cool! Yay! In fact we really like it!

    I would consider one small change..

    That shot at 50 secs, of the drummer... he looks a bit freaked out... if you could switch it with anything else, it might be cool...It might just be the way he shifts his gaze off camera..?

    That's it.. the rest we like :D

    It's really funny to see our doppelgängers, and we think the mix of "live" footage with the more staged stuff is really nice!

    Hope that's helpful!

    Good luck!

    -The Riot Tapes

    ReplyDelete